The village of Alzo is situated in the Province of Novara, close to the shores of Lake Orta.
It belongs to the Comune of Pella and is located 129 kilometres north east of Turin, the regional capital of Piedmont. It stands at an elevation of 373 metres above sea level, while nearby places of interest include Ronco Marina, Isola San Giulio and Omegna.
Alzo is a charming town situated in the Piedmont region of northern Italy. It is located on the eastern shore of Lake Orta, one of the lesser-known but incredibly beautiful lakes in the Italian Lake District.
The history of Alzo dates back to ancient times, and the area has seen settlements since Roman times. Over the centuries, Alzo has been influenced by various cultures and civilizations, including the Lombards and the Kingdom of Italy. Today, it remains a picturesque and tranquil destination, attracting visitors with its natural beauty and historical charm.
Highlights and nearby attractions
- Scenic Beauty: Nestled by the shores of Lake Orta and surrounded by lush green hills, Alzo offers breathtaking natural beauty. The tranquil atmosphere and stunning landscapes make it an ideal destination for nature lovers, hikers, and photographers.
- Lake Orta: The town's proximity to Lake Orta provides opportunities for various water activities, including boating, kayaking, and swimming. Lake Orta is known for its crystal-clear waters and the charming island of San Giulio, which can be reached by boat from Alzo.
- Historic Centre: Alzo's historic centre is a picturesque area with narrow streets, stone houses, and ancient churches. Strolling through the town allows visitors to immerse themselves in its rich history and traditional architecture.
- San Michele Arcangelo Church: One of the highlights of Alzo is the San Michele Arcangelo Church, a beautiful Baroque-style church located in the heart of the town. The church features impressive frescoes and intricate decorations, making it worth a visit.
- Culinary Delights: Alzo is also known for its delicious local cuisine. Visitors can indulge in regional dishes, including fresh lake fish, homemade pasta, and delectable desserts.
- Festivals and Events: Throughout the year, Alzo hosts various cultural events and festivals that celebrate local traditions and showcase the town's vibrant community spirit. Attending these events can be a unique way to experience the local culture.
- Accessible Location: Alzo is easily accessible from other towns and cities in the region, making it an excellent base for exploring the nearby attractions of the Italian Lake District.
- Relaxation and Tranquility: Alzo is a place to unwind and relax, away from the hustle and bustle of larger tourist destinations. It offers an authentic Italian experience in a peaceful setting.
Alzo - frazione di Pella