Fabrica di Roma
The town of Fabrica di Roma belongs to the historical area of Tuscia, the Roman name for Etruria, the land of the Etruscans.
Fabrica di Roma is situated within the Province of Viterbo and stands at an elevation of 296 metres above sea level. The town has a population of around 8,000 while places of interest nearby include Carbognano, Caprarola, Ronciglione, Lake Vico and Sutri.
Fabrica di Roma is a small town located in the province of Viterbo, in the Lazio region of central Italy. Situated on the border between Lazio and Tuscany, Fabrica di Roma is known for its historical heritage, beautiful landscapes, and traditional rural atmosphere.
The history of Fabrica di Roma dates back to ancient times, with evidence of Etruscan and Roman settlements in the area. During the Middle Ages, the town was part of the Papal States and played a strategic role as a fortified outpost. Over the centuries, Fabrica di Roma saw the rule of various noble families and experienced periods of prosperity and decline.
Highlights and nearby attractions
- Historic Centre: The town's historic centre retains its medieval charm, with narrow alleys, ancient buildings, and a quiet, traditional atmosphere. Visitors can explore the cobbled streets and discover historical landmarks such as churches and palaces.
- Church of Santa Maria Assunta: The Church of Santa Maria Assunta is one of the main religious landmarks in Fabrica di Roma. It features an impressive bell tower and houses valuable artworks.
- Nature and Outdoor Activities: The town is surrounded by picturesque countryside, making it an ideal destination for nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts. Visitors can enjoy hiking, cycling, and horseback riding in the nearby nature reserves and trails.
- Local Products: Fabrica di Roma is known for its agricultural production, including olive oil, wine, and other local products. Tourists can taste and purchase these authentic products from local producers.
- Festivals and Events: Throughout the year, the town celebrates various festivals and events, where visitors can experience local traditions, food, and folklore.
- Archaeological Sites: The area around Fabrica di Roma is rich in archaeological sites and ruins, providing opportunities for history enthusiasts to explore ancient remains.
- Nearby Attractions: Fabrica di Roma is located close to other charming towns and attractions in both Lazio and Tuscany. Visitors can easily access places like Viterbo, Tuscania, and the stunning Lake Bolsena.
Comune di Fabrica di Roma