The village of Tenno is situated within the Province of Trentino, at an elevation of 428 metres above sea level. It's located 45 kilometres south west of Trento, the provincial capital of Trentino, and has a population of around 2,000 inhabitants.
The main sight is Lake Tenno, while nearby places of interest include Canale di Tenno, Riva del Garda and Arco.
Tenno is a village located in the province of Trento, in the Trentino-Alto Adige region of northern Italy. Situated in the picturesque Valle dei Laghi (Valley of Lakes) and surrounded by the stunning natural beauty of the Garda Trentino area, Tenno is a hidden gem that offers a peaceful and authentic Italian experience.
The history of Tenno dates back to ancient times, with evidence of human settlements in the area since the prehistoric era. The village has seen various rulers throughout history, including the Romans and the Bishops of Trento. Over the centuries, Tenno has preserved its rural character and traditional architecture, making it a unique destination with a rich cultural heritage.
Highlights and nearby attractions
- Lake Tenno: One of the main attractions of Tenno is Lake Tenno, a stunning turquoise lake located just a few kilometers from the village. The lake is known for its crystal-clear waters and is a popular spot for swimming, picnicking, and enjoying water sports.
- Borgo di Canale: Borgo di Canale is the historic centre of Tenno, characterized by narrow streets, medieval stone houses, and charming courtyards. It is one of the most well-preserved medieval villages in the region and offers a glimpse into the village's rich history.
- Castello di Tenno: The Castello di Tenno is a medieval castle located on a hill overlooking the village. It is now a cultural centre and hosts exhibitions, events, and concerts throughout the year.
- Varone Waterfall: Just a short distance from Tenno, visitors can explore the impressive Varone Waterfall, a natural wonder with cascading waters that create a refreshing and beautiful environment.
- Nature and Hiking: Tenno is surrounded by lush greenery and offers numerous hiking trails that lead to panoramic viewpoints and scenic spots. The area is also great for mountain biking and Nordic walking.
- Art and Culture: Tenno hosts various cultural events and festivals, including local craft fairs and art exhibitions, showcasing the creativity and traditions of the region.
- Local Cuisine: Visitors can savour delicious Trentino cuisine in the village's restaurants, with dishes like polenta, carne salada, and Trentingrana cheese.
- Relaxation and Wellness: The tranquil atmosphere of Tenno makes it an ideal place for relaxation and unwinding. There are wellness centres and spas where visitors can indulge in rejuvenating treatments.
Comune di Tenno