The town of Alleghe is located on the shores of Lake Alleghe, in the Province of Belluno and has a total population of 1,192 inhabitants.
It's situated around 150 kilometres north west of Venice, the regional capital of Veneto. Standing at an elevation of 979 metres above sea level, it covers an area of 29 km².
Alleghe is a charming town located in the province of Belluno, in the Veneto region of northern Italy. Its history is closely tied to the surrounding mountainous landscapes and the Lago di Alleghe (Alleghe Lake) that lies at its center.
The town's origins date back to ancient times, but it gained prominence in the 20th century when the Alleghe Dam was constructed on the Cordevole River, creating the lake that has become a focal point of the area.
Highlights and nearby attractions
- Lago di Alleghe: The heart of the town is Lago di Alleghe, a stunning alpine lake surrounded by the Dolomite Mountains. The lake offers opportunities for boating, fishing, and leisurely walks along its shores. The reflections of the peaks on the calm waters create a mesmerizing sight.
- 2. Skiing and Winter Sports: Alleghe is part of the Civetta Ski Area, which offers excellent skiing and snowboarding opportunities during the winter months. The ski area is connected to several other resorts, providing a vast network of slopes and trails for all skill levels.
- 3. Civetta Mountain: The prominent Civetta Mountain dominates the landscape and offers hiking and climbing opportunities in the warmer months. The summit offers breathtaking panoramic views of the surrounding peaks.
- 4. Civetta Adventure Park: Ideal for families and adventure enthusiasts, the Civetta Adventure Park offers a series of thrilling zip lines and obstacle courses amidst the trees.
- 5. Alleghe Historical Center: The town's historical center features traditional Alpine architecture, narrow streets, and charming squares. It's a lovely place to explore on foot, with shops, restaurants, and cafes lining the streets.
- 6. Church of San Biagio: The church is a significant religious and historical site, showcasing beautiful artwork and offering a tranquil place for reflection.
- 7. Hiking and Nature Trails: The region around Alleghe is a paradise for hikers and nature enthusiasts. Various trails lead to breathtaking viewpoints and natural wonders.
- 8. Summer Activities: In the summer, Alleghe hosts various events and festivals, including the Alleghe Bike Fest, which attracts mountain biking enthusiasts.
- 9. Local Cuisine: The town's restaurants and eateries offer a taste of traditional Alpine cuisine, including hearty dishes like polenta, mushroom-based dishes, and local cheeses.
- 10. Relaxation and Scenic Beauty: Alleghe provides a peaceful atmosphere for visitors seeking relaxation amidst stunning natural surroundings.
Comune di Alleghe