The lakeside town of Faggeto Lario is situated in the Province of Como, on the shores of Lake Como. It has a population of around 1,100 residents and is located a distance of 60 kilometres north of Milan, the regional capital of Lombardy.
Faggeto Lario has a Lake Como ferry port, while nearby places of interest include Torno, Careno, Blevio, Nesso, Como and Lezzeno.
Faggeto Lario is a charming village located in the Lombardy region of northern Italy, situated on the eastern shores of Lake Como. Tucked between the lake and the surrounding hills, Faggeto Lario offers a tranquil and picturesque setting, making it an attractive destination for tourists seeking natural beauty and a peaceful atmosphere.
Faggeto Lario has a long and storied history that dates back to ancient times. It was once inhabited by Celtic tribes before coming under Roman rule. Over the centuries, the village has been influenced by various ruling families and noble houses, contributing to its cultural heritage and historical significance. During the Middle Ages, Faggeto Lario was part of the feud between the Della Torre family and the Visconti family, two powerful dynasties in the region.
Highlights and nearby attractions
- Lakefront Beauty: The village's lakeside location offers stunning views of Lake Como and the surrounding mountains. The lakeshore provides an ideal spot for relaxation, leisurely walks, and enjoying the peaceful ambiance.
- Historical Architecture: Faggeto Lario boasts historical buildings and charming houses with traditional Lombard architecture. Visitors can wander through the narrow streets and discover the town's old-world charm.
- Moltrasio Beach: Nearby Moltrasio offers a beautiful public beach where visitors can enjoy swimming and sunbathing during the warmer months. It's an excellent spot for families and water sports enthusiasts.
- Boat Tours: Faggeto Lario serves as an excellent base for exploring Lake Como. Tourists can take boat tours to visit other charming towns and attractions around the lake.
- Nature and Hiking: The surrounding hills and mountains offer opportunities for hiking and exploring nature. Hiking trails lead to scenic viewpoints and provide a chance to appreciate the natural beauty of the area.
- Local Cuisine: Faggeto Lario and the nearby towns offer a selection of restaurants and trattorias where visitors can savor authentic Italian cuisine, including lake fish, pasta, and traditional Lombard dishes.
- Villa Pliniana: Located nearby, Villa Pliniana is an impressive historical villa with beautiful gardens that date back to Roman times. The villa has hosted various historical figures over the centuries and is known for its natural spring, "Fonte Pliniana."
Comune di Faggeto Lario