Situated in the Province of Terni, Lake Piediluco covers a total area of 158 hectares and stands at an elevation of 368 metres above sea level. It's 19.5 metres deep at its deepest point.
Places of interest nearby include the lakeside village of Piediluco, the Marmore Falls, Arrone, Terni and Ferentillo. The recommended accommodation for Lake Piediluco is the Hotel Miralago.
Lake Piediluco is a stunning lake located in the region of Umbria, Italy. Situated in the province of Terni, Lake Piediluco is surrounded by picturesque hills, lush forests, and charming medieval towns. It is a popular destination for both locals and tourists seeking natural beauty, water sports, and a relaxing atmosphere.
Lake Piediluco is an artificial lake created in the late 19th century when a dam was built on the Velino River. The dam's purpose was to regulate water flow for hydroelectric power generation and agricultural irrigation. As a result, the lake now spans an area of approximately 1.24 square kilometers (0.48 square miles) and has become a beloved attraction in the region.
- Water Sports: The lake is ideal for water sports enthusiasts, offering opportunities for kayaking, canoeing, sailing, and rowing. The lake's calm waters and scenic surroundings provide a perfect setting for these activities.
- Lake Cruises: Visitors can take leisurely boat tours around the lake, admiring the charming villages, lush vegetation, and the stunning backdrop of the Apennine Mountains.
- Rowing Races: Lake Piediluco is famous for hosting international rowing events and competitions. It is considered one of the most important rowing venues in Italy.
- Piediluco Village: The picturesque village of Piediluco, situated on the shores of the lake, is a delightful place to explore. The village features quaint streets, charming squares, and historic buildings.
- Marmore Waterfalls: Nearby, visitors can also visit the impressive Marmore Waterfalls, one of the tallest man-made waterfalls in the world. The falls offer breathtaking views and opportunities for hiking.
- Festivals and Events: Throughout the year, Lake Piediluco hosts various cultural events, including regattas, rowing competitions, and local festivals.
- Nature Walks: The lake's surrounding area is perfect for nature walks and hiking, with trails leading to scenic viewpoints and peaceful spots by the water.
Lago di Piediluco