The seaside town of Riccione is situated within the Province of Rimini, around 10 kilometres south along the coast from Rimini itself. Riccione is considered as a slightly more upscale resort than its bigger neighbour and can boast designer boutiques, excellent accommodation options and the same sandy beach as Rimini.
The best accommodation option in Riccione is the Hotel Augustus.
Riccione is a vibrant coastal town located in the Emilia-Romagna region of northern Italy. Situated on the Adriatic Sea, it is renowned for its beautiful beaches, lively nightlife, and family-friendly atmosphere. Riccione has been a popular tourist destination for decades, attracting visitors from Italy and around the world.
The history of Riccione dates back to Roman times when it was known as "Villa Ripcionis." Throughout the centuries, the town witnessed various rulers and rulers, including the Malatesta and Medici families. In the 19th century, with the development of tourism along the Adriatic coast, Riccione started to grow as a seaside resort, attracting aristocrats and vacationers seeking relaxation by the sea.
Highlights and nearby attractions
- Beaches: Riccione boasts several kilometers of sandy beaches with well-equipped beach resorts offering sunbeds, umbrellas, and various water sports activities. The beaches are ideal for sunbathing, swimming, and family fun.
- Viale Ceccarini: This elegant and fashionable street is the heart of Riccione. It is lined with boutiques, shops, cafes, and restaurants, making it the perfect spot for shopping, dining, and people-watching.
- Aquafan Water Park: Aquafan is one of the largest water parks in Italy and a major attraction in Riccione. It offers thrilling water slides, pools, and entertainment for visitors of all ages.
- Oltremare: Oltremare is a theme park dedicated to nature and the animal world. It features various educational exhibits, dolphin shows, and interactive experiences.
- Riccione Terme: For those seeking relaxation and wellness, Riccione Terme offers thermal baths and spa treatments.
- Piazzale Roma: Piazzale Roma is a lively square with numerous bars, clubs, and nightlife venues, making it the perfect place to enjoy the nightlife in Riccione.
- Riccione Seafront: The seafront promenade is an excellent place for a leisurely stroll, bike ride, or rollerblading, with stunning views of the sea and the coastline.
- Fontana Bosco della Pioggia: This unique fountain is a refreshing spot in the town center, featuring water jets and lights, especially enjoyable during the summer months.
- Sports and Activities: Riccione offers various sports and recreational activities, including beach volleyball, tennis, cycling, and sailing.
- Events and Festivals: Riccione hosts a variety of events and festivals throughout the year, including concerts, cultural events, and the annual Pink Night, a celebration of music and entertainment that turns the town into a pink-themed party.
Comune di Riccione