The village of Cersosimo is situated within the Province of Potenza and has a population of 608 inhabitants.
Standing at an elevation of 548 metres above sea level, it covers a total area of 25 km². The closest hotel is 22 km away while nearby places of interest include Terranova di Pollino, Francavilla in Sinni and Chiaromonte.
Nestled in the picturesque landscape of Basilicata, Italy, Cersosimo is a charming village with a history that traces back to ancient times. Its history is closely tied to the region's cultural heritage and its role as a small rural community. Over the centuries, Cersosimo has retained its traditional character while offering a glimpse into the everyday life of its residents.
Highlights and nearby attractions
- Historical Buildings: Wander through the village's cobblestone streets and admire its historical buildings, which reflect its traditional architecture and cultural identity.
- Church of Santa Maria Maggiore: Visit the Church of Santa Maria Maggiore, a charming religious site that showcases local craftsmanship and artwork.
- Rural Atmosphere: Immerse yourself in the village's rural atmosphere, where you can experience the unhurried pace of life and connect with the friendly locals.
- Local Crafts: Discover local crafts and products that reflect the creativity and craftsmanship of the region's residents.
- Culinary Exploration: Indulge in Basilicata's flavors at local eateries. Sample traditional dishes that highlight the use of local ingredients and regional specialties.
- Nature Walks: Take leisurely walks in the surrounding countryside to appreciate the natural beauty of Basilicata's landscapes.
- Cultural Exchange: Engage with the locals to learn about their traditions, way of life, and stories that contribute to the village's unique character.
- Accommodation: Cersosimo offers accommodations that provide a comfortable stay for visitors seeking an authentic village experience.
Comune di Cersosimo