The beach at Favazzina is situated on Calabria's Tyrrhenian Coast, in the Metropolitan City of Reggio Calabria province, and part of the Comune of Scilla, which is 5 kilometres away.
Places of interest nearby include Chianalea, Bagnara Calabra, Reggio Calabria and Palmi. The ferry port of Villa San Giovanni is 17 kilometres away and reachable by car in 16 minutes.
Favazzina, nestled on the Calabrian coast of Italy, is a serene seaside village with a history that dates back to ancient times. The area's history is closely connected to its coastal location, making it a center for maritime activities, trade, and cultural exchange. Throughout the centuries, Favazzina has maintained its coastal allure while preserving its historical heritage.
Highlights and nearby attractions
- Beach Bliss: Relax on the pristine beaches of Favazzina, where you can bask in the Mediterranean sun and swim in the azure waters.
- Historical Landmarks: Explore the village's historical landmarks, such as ancient churches and buildings, which provide insights into Favazzina's cultural past.
- Coastal Walks: Enjoy leisurely walks along the coastline, breathing in the fresh sea breeze and admiring panoramic views of the Tyrrhenian Sea.
- Local Cuisine: Indulge in Calabrian cuisine at local restaurants and trattorias. Sample dishes that highlight the region's flavors and local ingredients.
- Cultural Immersion: Interact with the friendly locals to learn about their way of life, traditions, and the stories that contribute to Favazzina's unique character.
- Water Activities: Engage in water sports like swimming, snorkeling, and beach games, or simply unwind on the sandy shores.
- Accommodation: Favazzina offers accommodations ranging from cozy guesthouses to seaside lodgings, ensuring a comfortable stay.
Favazzina - frazione di Scilla