Museo dell'Artigianato Valdostano
The Museo dell'Artigianato Valdostano is situated in the town of Fenis, a distance of 15 kilometres east of Aosta, the regional capital of Valle d'Aosta. The museum displays traditional art and artefacts from the Valle d'Aosta region.
It's open every day except for Mondays with ticket prices at the time of writing of €5 for an adult and €3 for children.
The Museo dell'Artigianato Valdostano, also known as the Museum of Valdostan Craftsmanship, is a cultural institution located in the Aosta Valley region of Italy. The museum is dedicated to showcasing the rich tradition of craftsmanship and local art in the region. It offers visitors a unique opportunity to explore the skills, techniques, and creativity of Valdostan artisans throughout history.
The Museo dell'Artigianato Valdostano was established to preserve and promote the traditional craftsmanship that has been passed down through generations in the Aosta Valley. The museum aims to highlight the artistic and cultural heritage of the region and to provide a platform for local artisans to exhibit their creations.
Highlights and nearby attractions
- Exhibitions: The museum houses various exhibitions that display a wide range of artistic works and crafts. Visitors can admire traditional wooden sculptures, ceramics, textiles, metalwork, and other handcrafted objects.
- Artisan Workshops: The museum occasionally hosts live artisan workshops, where visitors can witness skilled craftsmen and craftswomen demonstrate their techniques and create unique pieces.
- Local Artisans: The museum often collaborates with local artisans, providing them with a space to exhibit and sell their handcrafted products. This allows visitors to support local craftsmanship and take home authentic souvenirs.
- Cultural Heritage: The museum provides valuable insights into the cultural heritage of the Aosta Valley and the significance of traditional craftsmanship in preserving local identity.
- Guided Tours: Guided tours are available for visitors who wish to learn more about the exhibits and the history of craftsmanship in the region. Knowledgeable guides offer in-depth explanations and anecdotes.
- Gift Shop: The museum has a gift shop where visitors can purchase handmade crafts and unique souvenirs created by local artisans.
- Events and Activities: The museum occasionally hosts cultural events, workshops, and educational activities that further enrich the visitor's experience.
Tue - Sun: 10:00 - 12:30/13-30 - 17:00 (April to June)
Tue - Sun: 10:00 - 18:00 (July to August)
Tue - Sun: 10:00 - 12:30/13-30 - 17:00 (September & October)
Concessions: €3 (children aged 6-18, seniors over 65)
MAV - Museo dell'Artigianato Valdostano