Latest update: 8 March 2022
The hill town of Raito is situated in the Province of Salerno with a population of 996 inhabitants.
Standing at 294 metres above sea level, Raito is just a short distance from the Amalfi Coast while nearby places of interest include Albori, Salerno, Cava de' Tirreni, Cetara and Vietri sul Mare. Recommended accommodation is Hotel Voce del Mare.
Raito, located on the stunning Amalfi Coast in Campania, Italy, is a small village with a history that stretches back to ancient times. The village's history is deeply connected to its coastal location, making it an important center for trade and maritime activities throughout the centuries. Raito has been influenced by various civilizations, including the Greeks, Romans, and Byzantines. Its historical significance is evident in its architecture, landmarks, and cultural heritage.
- Stunning Views: Marvel at the breathtaking views of the Gulf of Salerno and the picturesque Amalfi Coast from various vantage points in Raito.
- Raito Gardens: Explore the lush terraced gardens that are a signature feature of Raito's landscape. These gardens showcase a harmony between human cultivation and natural beauty.
- Church of Santa Maria di Gradillo: Visit the Church of Santa Maria di Gradillo, a historic religious site known for its unique architecture and artistic details.
- Local Cuisine: Indulge in Campanian cuisine at local restaurants and trattorias. Savor dishes featuring locally sourced ingredients, Mediterranean flavors, and traditional Italian recipes.
- Outdoor Activities: Take leisurely walks through Raito's charming streets and enjoy the fresh sea breeze. Engage in coastal hikes that offer stunning views of the coastline.
- Crafts and Local Products: Explore local shops that offer traditional crafts, ceramics, and products that reflect the village's cultural heritage.
- Accommodation: Raito offers accommodations ranging from charming guesthouses to boutique hotels, providing a cozy and authentic stay.
Raito - frazione di Vietri sul Mare