The beach of Cala Brandinchi is situated on Sardinia's eastern coast, in the Province of Sassari and part of the comune of San Teodoro.
Places of interest nearby include the island of Tavolara, Porto Taverna, Olbia and Porto Istana. Olbia Costa Smeralda Airport is 26 minutes away by car, a distance of 20 kilometres.
Cala Brandinchi, also known as "Little Tahiti" or "Tahiti Beach," is a breathtaking cove located on the northeastern coast of Sardinia, Italy. It is part of the San Teodoro region and is famous for its stunning white sand, crystal-clear turquoise waters, and surrounding Mediterranean vegetation. This beach is considered one of the most beautiful in Sardinia and is a popular destination for both locals and tourists.
Cala Brandinchi has a history that dates back to ancient times when the area was likely inhabited by the Nuragic civilization. In more recent times, it was a favorite spot for shepherds to graze their animals due to the abundance of vegetation and fresh water. Today, it is a protected area within the Tavolara and Molara Marine Protected Area, preserving its natural beauty for future generations.
Highlights and nearby attractions
- Beach Paradise: Cala Brandinchi is often described as a beach paradise due to its fine white sand and turquoise waters. The shallow and calm sea makes it suitable for families with children and those who enjoy wading in the water.
- Scenic Surroundings: The beach is surrounded by Mediterranean vegetation, including juniper trees and pine forests, providing shade and a pleasant atmosphere.
- Snorkelling and Diving: The crystal-clear waters make Cala Brandinchi an excellent spot for snorkeling and diving. The seabed is rich with marine life, and underwater exploration offers a chance to encounter colorful fish and various sea creatures.
- Relaxation and Sunbathing: The beach offers sunbed and umbrella rentals, making it an ideal spot for sunbathing and relaxing under the Sardinian sun.
- Accessibility: Cala Brandinchi is easily accessible by car. There is a parking area near the beach, and a short walk leads to the cove.
- Facilities: The beach has facilities like beach bars, restaurants, and public restrooms for the convenience of visitors.
- Environmental Conservation: As part of the Tavolara and Molara Marine Protected Area, it's essential for visitors to follow guidelines and respect the environment, ensuring the conservation of the beach's natural beauty.
- Boat Excursions: Boat tours are available to explore the coastline and nearby islands, providing additional opportunities to discover the stunning landscapes of the area.
Spiaggia di Cala Brandinchi