The town of Pesche is situated within the Province of Isernia and has a population of 1,641 inhabitants.
Standing at an elevation of 732 metres above sea level, it covers a total area of 13 km². The nearest hotels are in Isernia (5 km) while nearby places to see include Castelpetroso, Pescolanciano and Cerro al Volturno.
Nestled in the Molise region of Italy, Pesche is a charming village with a history that spans centuries. Its origins trace back to ancient times when it was inhabited by the Samnites. Over the years, Pesche saw the influences of various civilizations, including the Romans and the Lombards. The village's historical significance is reflected in its architecture, cultural heritage, and the stories it carries from the past.
Pesche is located in the province of Isernia, Molise, Italy. Accessible by road, it is approximately 180 kilometers (112 miles) east of Naples. The journey to the village takes you through the scenic landscapes of Molise.
Highlights and nearby attractions
- Historical Sites: Explore Pesche's historical architecture and character as you stroll through its charming streets. Admire the stone buildings, medieval alleys, and picturesque squares that reflect the village's heritage.
- Chiesa di Santa Maria Maggiore: This church is a highlight of Pesche's religious and architectural legacy. Its façade and interior artwork offer glimpses into the artistic and spiritual heritage of the region.
- Ponte Vecchio: The old bridge in Pesche is a picturesque spot that connects the village and spans the Pescheta River. The bridge adds to the village's quaint and authentic atmosphere.
- Natural Beauty: The surrounding Molise landscape offers opportunities for outdoor activities such as hiking, picnicking, and enjoying the peaceful countryside. The village's proximity to nature enhances its charm.
- Local Cuisine: Savour Molisian cuisine at local restaurants and trattorias. Indulge in traditional dishes that showcase local flavors, ingredients, and culinary traditions.
- Festivals and Events: Throughout the year, Pesche hosts cultural events, festivals, and celebrations that highlight its traditions, arts, and music. These events offer a chance to immerse yourself in the village's vibrant community life.
- Local Crafts: Explore local artisan workshops and discover traditional crafts that contribute to the village's character, whether it's woodworking, ceramics, or other handmade creations.
- Accommodation: While Pesche is a small village, visitors can find accommodations such as charming bed and breakfasts and guesthouses that provide a comfortable stay.
Comune di Pesche