The town of Rivello is situated within the Province of Potenza and has a population of 2,705 inhabitants.
Standing at an elevation of 479 metres above sea level, it covers a total area of 68 km². There is one hotel within 5 km while nearby places of interest include Lagonegro, Lauria, Maratea, Acquafredda and Latronico.
Rivello, nestled in the heart of the Basilicata region in Italy, is a charming town with a history that traces back to ancient times. Its strategic location has made it a crossroads of cultures and civilizations over the centuries, shaping its unique character. Rivello is known for its historical heritage, natural beauty, and peaceful ambiance.
Highlights and nearby attractions
- Historical Centre: Wander through the cobbled streets of the historical centre, where you'll find medieval buildings, ancient churches, and charming squares. The architecture reflects Rivello's rich past.
- Castle of Rivello: Explore the Castle of Rivello, which stands as a testament to the town's medieval history. The castle offers panoramic views of the surrounding countryside and the Sinni Valley.
- Churches and Religious Sites: Visit the town's churches, such as the Church of San Nicola and the Church of Santa Maria del Carmine. These religious sites showcase intricate architecture and religious art.
- Scenic Beauty: Embrace the natural beauty of the Sinni Valley and the picturesque landscapes that surround Rivello. The town is a gateway to the stunning Basilicata countryside.
- Local Cuisine: Savour traditional Basilicata cuisine at local eateries and trattorias. Sample regional dishes, handmade pasta, and locally sourced ingredients.
- Cultural Events: Depending on the timing of your visit, you might have the opportunity to participate in local festivals, cultural events, and celebrations that highlight Rivello's traditions.
- Outdoor Exploration: Take advantage of the area's natural beauty by going hiking, nature walking, or simply enjoying the peaceful countryside.
- Warm Hospitality: Experience the warm welcome of the locals, who are eager to share their town's history and culture with visitors.
Comune di Rivello